Ginger Drops - Yield 5 dozen
1 cup Butter (unsalted)
˝ cup Sugar
˝ cup Brown Sugar
4 tsp Ground Ginger
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Finely Ground Pepper
1 tsp Vanilla
1 each Egg
1/3 cup Molasses (robust unsulphured)
2 ˝ cups Flour
1/3 cup Minced Crystallized Ginger
1 ˝ cups Confectioners’ Sugar
˝ tsp Ground Ginger
2 Tbsp Milk
Decoration: Red & Green Nonpareils
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with foil
2. Beat butter, sugars, ginger, baking powder, baking soda, pepper and vanilla in a large bowl with mixer on high speed until pale and fluffy.
3. Add egg; beat until blended. Beat in molasses. On low speed, beat in flour and minced ginger.
4. Drop heaping teaspoons 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake 8-10 minutes until light brown on tip. Cool on sheet 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Icing: Stir ingredients in a small bowl until smooth. Using a fork, drizzle over cookies, then sprinkle with nonpareils. Let icing dry at least 30 minutes